This week was a quiet one for me! Lots of work, a little more sleep due to lowered spirits, but I think I’m making a comeback. Here’s a glimpse:
- When you receive a compliment, it’s better to write it down and treasure it, in case a busy schedule pushes it out of your mind, and then the kind word was wasted.
- Learning to not compare myself to others starts with facing the things that make me crazy with envy/depression and saying “It’s okay. God has my path for me.” And then I go back to my work. It’s a discipline.
- I really can be dedicated and passionate about my career without being a freak (I just read the essay “Are Women Human?” by Dorothy Sayers).
- Song lyrics are among the most haunting and inspiring fairy dust on the face of the earth.
- This pic is from Italy last September: On top of the Duomo in Florence. They charge you an arm and a leg to get up there (you can’t see my missing leg in this picture) but the view is AMAZING! I actually had vertigo and kept clawing James’s arm I was so nervous!